Monday, December 14, 2009

Kindergarten Christmas Performance

This is where the video should go....






This is where the post performance photo should go......












Instead I have this.....




A sick Kindergartener




A sick 14 month old






And one depressed mommy.









Grace had come home every day from school, excited about the shirts her class had made, the songs they were learning, and the approaching holidays. She was sad last week when she was home after throwing up twice and then having a fever for two days...she missed practice. She then came home Thursday and Friday talking about all they were going to do and sing and how excited she was. She picked out her jeans and holiday colored turtle neck to wear under the special made shirts. She had a bow picked out and was even excited to buy french toast for lunch.



I had worried about taking Lily to school for the performance and helping out at the party. Would she be good? Would I be able to hold her and video tape? Would she want to walk around too much? Grace was excited to have us come. She wanted it video taped to show her grandmas and friends.



Instead I woke up this morning with two sick kids in my bed again. A husband who had to go to work, he only has one sick day left this year. And to top it all off the weather is miserable outside.









So Santa, if you are listening, All I want for Christmas is two little girls to be healthy again!

2 comments:

Starbucks Mom said...

awwwww Sarah that stinks. Reece missed his little Thanksgiving dinner this year. You have your heart set on those kind of things

The Cibulas said...

What a bummer! Wishing you all well!